samedi, décembre 04, 2004

Why would someone steal my things?

To compensate for the silent period of Nov where I did not write, I am going to write more before today ends.

In my previous blog, I was pickpocketed. The police found my handphone but not my wallet with a teenage girl from the eastern country. Seb is not surprised. He explained to me that the pickpockets work in gangs. The leader will recruit these minors as they cannot go to jail due to their young age. Worse for these young girls are to be sent back to their country and in a month's time, they will be back to Paris to continue with their tricks.

These poor girls are usually promised food, clothing and shelter. In return, they are to steal for their boss. They work in groups where one steal and pass it to the other. In my case, the police only managed to catch the girl that has my phone. The boss keeps the wallet so that he can manipulate with the credit cards in it.

Is the society to blame for the sad plight of these girls? They are poor, have no education, no skills to find work. They are young and impressionable. How can we stop this chain of pickpockets where the big boss is never captured and brought to justice?

Life is tough for everyone. It is tough for me too. I'm glad in a way that I was the victim and not the culprit. I truly hope the young girl who is sitting in jail yesterday (maybe not today) will turn over a new leaf.

2 commentaires:

eternal__sunshine a dit…

sounds like oliver twist
im surprise it's happening
not sure if they'll turn over a new leaf,
unless they get themselves out of the
syndicate...
hope you didnt get too much into trouble
especially with credit card fraud.

eternal__sunshine a dit…

sounds like oliver twist
im surprise it's happening
not sure if they'll turn over a new leaf,
unless they get themselves out of the
syndicate...
hope you didnt get too much into trouble
especially with credit card fraud.