lundi, août 27, 2012

Hair cut ordeals

My 2 boys hate to have their hair cut. A2 used to be alright but as he gets older, he is like his brother. When I moved over to the new house, I did not know any hair cutter around so I called up one and made an appointment for A2. His hair was really messy. He cried very badly at the hair cutter's and the hair cutter was not able to do his job at all. A2 was moving his head around. At one point, I gave him apple sauce in order to calm him down but ended up having apple sauce all over my neck and hair as he struggled to be freed. That painful experience cost me 10€ and only a few strand of hair on the floor.
In Singapore, we really had to cut the boys hair for my brother's wedding. We brought them to the hair cutter which cost $3.80 each. However, it was a dread again for both. We managed to cut A1's hair after I threatened him that the wicked witch would come looking for boys with long hair. Yeah, we are really in the story of Hansel and Gretel so he is scared of the wicked witch. That did the trick. He cried but sat still throughout the hair cut. We bought him toys after for being a good boy. As for A2, he was too young to understand who the wicked witch was.
While visiting ViviCity shopping mall, we went into Toys 'R Us and there was a hair cutter for kids. I was determined to have his hair cut. Despite bribing him with sweets, videos and toys, A2 resisted. Ended up, he was screaming and rolling on the floor while the lady trimmed his hair. It was an expensive haircut but the job was done. Many people who shopped at Toys 'R Us stopped and looked at us. They might be thinking I was the wicked mom.
Well, at least we are now good for the next two months.

Aucun commentaire: