dimanche, septembre 30, 2012

Firewood

We are preparing for winter. Living in a house, we have to stock up wood for the fireplace. The boys' grandfather had a "lobang" and one day, he came along with a family friend and unloaded 2 vans of firewood.
It was so kind of the two retirees who not only delivered the wood but stacked them neatly beside the garden shed. 

Seb is really lucky to have such a helpful father. I had seen neighbours chopping, carrying and stacking wood which were delivered just at their gates.

As the nights started to get colder, we went to buy accessories for the fireplace yesterday. We thought of starting a fire yesterday. However, the night was not that cold yesterday. Today's temperature was decent too. Well, once we start our first fire in this house, I will put up a picture. For a Singaporean like me, a fireplace is a novelty. I'm already thinking of roasting chestnuts over the fire. Yummy!

1 commentaire:

MomiJJ a dit…

Wow, I didnt know u have to chop the wood yourself. Your father in law and his friends are a great help to you. I cannot imagine if u have to do all these if Seb is not around. Are you able to pick up wood near your house? Or I watched too much TV. hahaha