lundi, avril 15, 2013

I'm a godmother

I am a godmother to a little MY since saturday. MY's mother and I are close friends since many years. I feel honored to be chosen as the godmother for this sweet baby girl.

The ceremony was held at the Greek Orthodox Church in Paris. This place is a hidden gem. Look at the beautiful façade. This side of the building is facing an inner court and opposite it is a 6 storey residental building. This façade is hidden from the public except the people living in the residental building.
 
 
 
The ceremony was intime with only families and a few close friends invited. MY's cousin was also baptised on this day. The two babies were well behaved. As the godmother, I had to carry MY all the time while the priest carried out the ceremony. It was long but MY did not cry much in my arms. She was so sweet.
 
After the ceremony, we headed to my friend's place for a meal. Though it was raining, the family prepared a BBQ and we had a great time chatting and festing.

Aucun commentaire: