dimanche, juillet 18, 2004

A week only and she is back to being bad.

Bao Bei had been really good and nice for the past 5 days since she returned from her adventure. But this morning, she bit me and woke me up. When I tried to catch her, she scratched my fingers. Ouch! It hurts.

Who is Bao Bei? What adventure?

Bao Bei is our black kitten. We had her nearly 2 months ago and we lost her last Saturday That is the adventure I was talking about. We live on the second storey (third floor for Singaporeans readers). On that fateful day, the window was opened. Bao Bei usually sits outside on the window ledge to see the world pass by under her. At 6pm, Seb started looking for Bao Bei while I was cooking dinner. She likes to be in the same room as us so it was weird for me when I did not see her sitting on the dinning table watching me cook. Seb looked all over the apartment and could not find her. After a long search, we decided that she had either jumped out of the window or had accidentally fell down. A police report was done, neighbours questioned but still no news of her. You may not believe but I felt like a loser. 'What kind of a pet owner am I if I lose my cat so soon?' 'Will I ever see her again?' All these thoughts came into my mind. I could really understand how parents feel when their child is missing. That night, Seb and I both had our nightmares. You can imagine what it was about.

The next day, we prepared ourselves to go to church. Our plan on searching Bao Bei has to be continued on Monday where Seb will go to the Lost and Found Pets Association to check if someone brought Bao Bei to the association. Trust me, the French are pretty organised for lost pets. Seems like over here, too many people had their pets gone missing and returned.

So, we left our apartment and was walking to the Metro. We passed by the bakery and Seb noticed that there was a paper sticked on the door. It went like this 'Chaton Noir Trouvé, Avec noir et rouge collier, Appeller ........'. Translation 'Black kitten found, with black and red collar, call ......'

Can you believe our joy? It is Bao Bei. We called immediately. We got Bao Bei back. She is unhurt but she became super gentle and nice. She slept more and did not bite us on our toes while we were sleeping. We thought, hey, maybe the cat of the lady who found Bao Bei taught her a thing or two. Not bad for her little adventure, I thought. It is like from being 4 months old, she became 4 years old overnight.

5 days passed, ouch! She woke me up at 5am by biting my fingers. This morning, she did it again. And I got scratched when I tried to stop her. She is back to normal. Maybe I should leave the window open tonight!

Aucun commentaire: