lundi, janvier 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year

Happy chinese new year to all of you celebrating it.
As Seb left on sunday for a work trip, we had our reunion dinner a day earlier. We had steamboat as usual. The electric stove was used once a year for this occasion. This was the first time in France I spent Chinese New Year without my hubby. Well, at least I had the 2 kids. Chinese New Year season made me missed Singapore. I missed watching fireworks at Marina area. I missed staying up late and visiting Chinatown for last minute deals. I missed collecting Ang Bao and stuffing silly with goodies. I missed the visitings. I missed the chinese music.

This morning, I gave the kids red packets when they woke up. A2 was oblivious to it while A1 was happily waving the 2 red packets and running around with them. I quickly took out the money I put in and gave back the empty red packets to A1. I did not want him to destroy the cash.

Below is a pic of them watching Sesame Street on the laptop yesterday. They are playing togather now and like to run around the apartment. Sometimes A1 would plant kisses on his brother. Still, there are times when they fight over toys. Looking at them, I realised that A2 has grown a lot. He is no longer a baby and I love toddlers at his age now. I told myself to really treasure this moment. Already, he would push our hands away when we try to aid him. He is starting to be a little "independant" boy; just like his brother.

3 commentaires:

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

We get our red packets after reunion dinner so that we could sleep with them under our pillows!

sohcool a dit…

Hi, Thanks for dropping by. Is there a reason behind the custom chez vous? And how did you spend CNY?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

It's a taoist custom, I believe. To give the children good dreams and overcome evil in the new year.